Saturday 21 June 2014

All is Here

I've been working on a solid modeling software for some time. The software does not care about on which scale you are working. I can model a nanometer-scale cantilever and a kilometer-scale bridge with the same package. But problems arise when I give more detail to any model I create. As amount of detail builds up, it takes more computational effort to handle the model. I know it is too much of detail when the machine takes too long to respond to my commands. With my limited computational ability, I guess I have an upper limit to the amount of detail I can give.

There is a limit also to the amount of information a biological system can receive at a time. The amount of detail one can receive is the same when she looks at a single cell of E. coli or vastness of the Crab nebula. It is a fallacy then, that we need to look too close or too far to see exciting things.

But if you get bored here, you are free to go to these places. After all, we are all born to go places and see things, aren't we?

No. I have to complete my mini-project on refurbishment of compressors by this week. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment